Sunday, December 23, 2007

#227: help me...

11th hour problem, ladies.

the b.f. is THE HARDEST person to buy a gift for. the guy is not materialistic, not a sports fanatic, not a video-gamer, not into massages and stuff, not a huge concert-goer.

he's sentimental, loves food (like me), appreciates nice things but isn't drawn like a moth to a flame to them (unlike me).

so besides the most obvious choice of 'nice clothes'...what could i get him? i was thinking about a gift certificate to a cooking class (that way, i'd get to go too) but...is that sentimental enough? i want to give him something that'll make him go "oh. my. god." because that's how he makes me feel...you know, pretty much every day.

if i got him a new car, i think it'd really knock his socks off. but then again, i'd have to sell everything i have, including the clothes on my back, to do that. so...

...on to plan b.

what are you getting your babe?

8 comments:

Jenna said...

Mine is unmaterialistic to the extreme. A letter telling him how much I love him, a CD with songs that I love, and some pictures of the two of us together are the things that he likes the most.

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

what about surprising him with a weekend away? it doesn't have to be extravagant, there could be somewhere close to your hometown that you might like to go?

Joy said...

Mine is a major foodie, too! I got him a nice watch and a stocking filled with lots of kiddie things (erasable highlighters, spiderman pencils, spiderman magic towel, spiderman candy, yo-yo, etc.). I couldn't afford to spend to much, but I think that a cooking class for the both of you is a great idea!

Anonymous said...

sounds like my guy, too--
i got him the 'for like ever' poster, a cd, and a book by an author we saw speak recently. we decided not to just do a few small gifts and spend money on something we could do together-- a weekend away, cooking classes, dance classes, something along those lines. time spent together means the most to both of us, so it makes sense to spend money on that rather than a big flashy gift.

Anonymous said...

er, that is we decided to spend money on a few small gifts rather than going overboard, excuse the nonsensical typo ;-)

Sixela said...

Ok I went to a holiday party and my host was raving about your blog. I just thought it would be nice to know you now have a new slew of readers this holiday season.
Best of Luck
Six

Sixela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hil said...

I know its after Christmas, but maybe for the next holiday-- I got my guy a set of high count sheets and pj pants. (The best part is its a gift you get to enjoy too.)